Sunday, February 13, 2011

dtumja

It's been relatively happy times the last couple of days.  I'm still behind on this report I must write for this week.  I have some other homework, which I want to do some and don't want to do some, but haven't worked on it much.

Had an alright discussion today on purposeness without religion.  As I feel, there is less purpose if my ultimate purpose is only to satisfy god and not myself.  Without god, I feel I have more of a purpose to enjoy what it is in which I choose to be a part of, along with everyone else, even though I don't enjoy it every day and haven't had much joy lately...but that's another story.  It may be related to be not standing up for myself and typically letting other people have the one up over me so that they will like me, which I think is bullshit as I end up doing shit that I don't want to or agreeing or disagreeing with something I don't want to, etc., just to make others happy.  And I'm feeling the same way about the god thing.  Fortunately, I don't ascribe to any gods.  That's one hurdle.  Now, if I would quit being afraid to express it when I feel the need is there, i.e., if someone starts preaching to me.  If we don't get along over it, so be it.  I don't have to be friends with everyone, and I'm not anyways, and I need to step up for myself.  We can still be civil about it...and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment