Monday, February 7, 2011

wy4

And now, as usual, I'm not studying, but I'm somewhat wasting time and learning, though not the learning that I've put so much time into for a piece of paper that says that I put the time into that should get me a better job that I don't really want as I can't seem to make up my mind on much of anything like when the appropriate time comes to end a sentence may be in order that I don't become to wordy only to lose my audience...and stuff.

I have spent more time lately learning all of the state capitals and names of countries.  I am happy now that I can name all the states and the respective state capital without any aid.  I can also now, with the aid of a map only for spatial reference, name all of the countries in Europe, Asia, Africa, South America, and North America as well as all of the provinces in Canada and whatever the provinces or states are in Australia.  I think this is good knowledge to have.  In this day and age, I think it's a good thing to know about the world we live in.
Hell, when I saw Borat, I thought Kazakhstan was a made up country only to eventually realize it is a relatively large Asian country.

I'm pretty lacking on U.S. history, let alone world history.  My next adventure is to spend time learning first about the Constitution and it's constituents and the formation of the U.S.  But, I'm also trying to learn more on Atheism and how to argue, though I have had very little practice in application of argument, which is a fundamental necessity for good practice and growth.

I've been a pretty naive person most of my life.  I didn't understand how memorization didn't lead to understanding for several years.  Better stated, I didn't understand why I didn't grasp some concepts such as calculus when I spent so much time memorizing problems.  I thought the understanding came with the memorization.  Now I'm paying the price for it.  But at least I finally realized my problem even though people would say that you have to understand this, you can't just memorize it; only for me to rebut that I didn't understand what they meant so just keep on memorizing.

Relaxation is also a key that I didn't realize I was missing out on.  I was very tense, always had tense facial muscles and leg and shoulder muscles when I didn't even realize it until it was pointed out to me.  Wasting all of that energy on something completely unnecessary and, in fact, hindering my abilities.

I'm still struggling with all of this stuff, but I'm slowly getting better at it, or at least I think I am.

Second guessing myself is another problem within itself.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment